8 x Medium Sized Collapsible Eye Needles (save 50%)
$6.50 On sale
Each pack USUALLY has four (4) needles (BUT FOR THIS DEAL RECEIVE 4 FOR FREE!). They are made from extra-strong wire which is kink-resistant and have a specially designed eye that collapses as it is threaded through the bead and instantly reshapes after it is pulled through. The large eye makes it very easy to thread and accommodates many sizes of cord. Needles measure .30mm diameter (.012") and 64mm (2.5") length.
Usually you receive 4 in a pack of one size. HOWEVER I just uncovered 2 packs of loose needles left over, that I purchased for teaching on a cruise ship for the Kumihimo threads. (So they won't come in a fancy shop packet, they will be loose.)
So today, this deal is to receive EIGHT (8) needles in the one lot, for the price of the usual 4 ($6.50 per pack, so you save $6.50).
I can tell you this - I had almost given up trying to bead anything because I couldn't see to thread the needle. Anyone ANYONE ANYONE who can't see very well will wonder how they got along without this little beautie!!! Also, I found that the bendable nature of the needle is very handy and it just springs back into shape. You really must try one to believe it!! Make your threading easier by using the right tools for the right jobs!
- Use to thread ribbon through an eyelet - you can fold the ribbon up and poke it through the eye of the needle.
- Use to thread beads onto your Kumihimo threads - remember the thread is doubled once a needle is threaded, so it still has to fit through the hole of the beads!
- Use to put elastic through beads with small holes - elastic is wobbly and can cause a bit of a problem if your eyesight isn't 20/20.
- Teach the kids with them! I had an 11 year old in the shop yesterday who had never used a needle and didn't know what to do with it when I put her elastic through for her to bead an anklet.
- Pull the thread (if it's thin enough) up to the end of the needle where there is a little twist - the end furthest from the point of the needle. The little twist will hold your cord in position so it doesn't come out of the eye of the needle so easily.
There are many more places where you can use these needles. Basically any time you can't see the darned eye of the needle to thread! Probably not good for fabric, as the wire on the needle is twisted, but most everywhere else - sure thing!
TIP: Use a thin vial or some kind of container to store them in, and get into the habit of putting them straight away after use. They are very easy to lose!