Gold Plate Pendants (save 70%)
$7.00 On sale
These are from very old stock, from my guy whose warehouses I cleared - I just picked up my second last ever load yesterday and these were amongst the goodies.
*** If anyone has any information about any of these pendants, or what the writings mean, please let me know?? ***
I knew they were what he called 'hard gold plating' but I found out yesterday that what he meant by that was that the plating was real gold, but he couldn't call it that because it wasn't solid all the way through. Well knock me over with a feather. I've been selling them for between $6 and $8 at the shop, which I knew was cheap, but I didn't have information about them!
Well these days we call this type of plating 'gold filled', where the inside is a base metal, but a certain percentage of the total weight is made up of the gold in the coating. (Vermeil is when the inside is sterling with a gold coating - it's usually a brighter, brassier shade of gold. Pronounced 'ver-may'.)
So here they are, for you today, at $7 each. That's only for you MHCers. After that they will go way up in $$$ He told me that 20 years ago, the WHOLESALE PRICE WAS $10 each !!!! Well I didn't know that. LOL
There are 5 pendants to choose from in this deal. Each comes with a link for hanging, which is a very nice shape and seems to be soldered on (although I'm a bit blind!). The crystals in them have to be Swarovski crystals - you recognise this by the colour being identical to Swarovski beads. Chinese crystals and other European crystals just can't match the colours of Swarovski.
The bails are about 7mm long on the inside, and about 2mm across, so you should be able to slip a nice gold chain or cord through easily. If your gold chain is too thick, you might be able to undo the joiner to the clasp if it has one, and then slip the pendant on, then do it back up. Email me if you have any queries on how to do that.
1. Elephant Pendant with musical notes. The 2mm Swarovskis are siam (red), emerald and clear crystal. Measurements are 24mm long (not including the loop or bail) x 27mm wide by about 3mm thick. Total length from the top of the bail to the bottom of the pendant is 35mm.
2. Large Rectangle with musical notes. There is the outline of an elephant amongst the bottom 2 rows of music. The 2mm Swarovski colours are sapphire, siam and clear crystal, The word 'GEOTE' is written down the bottom. The edge of the pendant has a border with a pattern all along. Measurements are 34mm long (not including the loop or bail) x 26mm wide x about 2.5mm thick. Total length from the top of the bail to the bottom of the pendant is 45mm.
3. Large Rectangle with lines (rays from a sun?) and a gazelle leaping. This also makes me think it might be of African design??, as well as the two mentioned above. There are words from the top right hand corner going down the side that says 'KRUG ERRANG FYNGOUD 7OZ'. The edge of the pendant has a border with a pattern kind of alternating an inside/outside theme of smooth/lines. There is a circle, with lines radiating out from it, and within the circle is a sun type pattern, centred with a 1mm Rose Swarovski diamante, surrounded by 5 clear crystal diamantes. Measurements are 34.5mm long (not including the loop or bail) x 26mm wide x about 3mm thick. Total length from the top of the bail to the bottom of the pendant is 46.5mm.
4. Small Rectangle with floating 2mm Swarovskis that are sitting in little gold cups with straight sides inside a glass topped frame. The Swarovski colours are emerald, siam, topaz, sapphire and 4 clear crystal. The edge of the design is scalloped in the patterning, and the frame floating part is raised up above that. Measurements are 23mm long (not including the loop or bail) x 20mm wide x about 4mm thick. Total length from the top of the bail to the bottom of the pendant is 34mm. Inside measurements of the inner frame (glass) part is 15.5 high x 12mm wide.
5. Clock with Roman Numerals and floating 2mm Swarovskies diamantes that are sitting in little gold cups with straight sides, inside a glass top. The Swarovski colours are sapphire, topaz, siam, emerald and 2 crystal clear. Measurements are 24mm across (not including the loop or bail) x about 4mm thick. Total length from the top of the bail to the bottom of the pendant is 35mm. Inside diameter of the glass framed section is about 12.5mm.